Independent Valuations

There are many reasons why you may require an independent valuation. Montgomery Hayles Chartered Surveyors are extremely experienced valuers and members of the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.

We provide the following services:

An Open Market Valuation

This is quite simply the value of a property or the price it would reasonably achieve if it was on the open market. This is often referred to as a “Red Book Valuation”.

A Matrimonial/Division of Equity Valuation

When a long-term relationship comes to an end, there are often financial issues to resolve. This may include the sale or transfer in ownership of a shared property. A valuation of the shared asset maybe required to assess the market value.

Probate/Inheritance Tax Valuation

This type of valuation is often needed where the estate of the deceased is taxable. A calculation of the value of the deceased’s entire estate maybe required in order to assess the potential inheritance tax liability. This valuation will be assessed as at the date of death.

Help to Buy Valuations

You may have been asked to provide a valuation report under one of the various Help to Buy Schemes. This type of valuation needs to be carried out by a surveyor who is registered with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and who is also a member of the Valuer Registration Scheme (VRS).

Shared Ownership Staircasing Valuation

This situation may arise if you part own equity in your property with a housing association and wish to purchase additional shares in the ownership (equity). The valuation will always be based on the full 100% ownership of the equity.

Capital Gains Tax Valuation

This is payable when you sell a property that is not your main place of residence and it increases in value from the time of purchase. Capital Gains Tax is calculated by applying two valuations; one at the time of purchase and the other at the time of sale.